SMS Varanasi has been working towards the flawless nurturing
of students. To make it more feasible and productive activity
Institute has strictly instructed the senior students in
relation to punitive actions against Raging related activities.
With the consistent efforts of the institute, College has
become an entirely ragging free zone for every student.
Following administrative actions have been clearly notified
The institution shall punish a student found guilty of
ragging after following the procedure and in the manner
a) The Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution shall
take an appropriate decision, in regard to punishment or
otherwise, depending on the facts of each incident of ragging
and nature and gravity of the incident of ragging established
in the recommendations of the Anti-Ragging Squad.
b) The Anti-Ragging Committee may, depending on the nature
and gravity of the guilt established by the Anti-Ragging
Squad, award, to those found guilty, one or more of the
following punishments, namely;
1. Suspension from attending classes and academic privileges.
2. Withholding/ withdrawing scholarship/ fellowship and
3. Debarring from appearing in any test/ examination or
other evaluation process.
4. Withholding results.
5. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional,
national or international meet, tournament, youth festival,
6. Suspension/ expulsion from the hostel.
7. Cancellation of admission.
8. Rustication from the institution for period ranging from
one to four semesters.
9. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring
from admission to any other institution for a specified
period. Provided that where the
persons committing or abetting the act of ragging are not
identified, the institution shall
resort to collective punishment.
Institute has been following below mentioned UGC
Guidelines, consistently, as a matter of administrative
here for Anti Ragging Notification