the recent past the importance and use of information
technology has grown tremendously in academics and
research across a wide spectrum of disciplines. IT
is making a significant impact on functioning of educational
and research institutions. Modern educational institutions
are therefore engaging themselves pro-actively in
use of tools for Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL).
We at SMS, Varanasi, view Information technology not
only as critical infrastructure needed for supporting
modern academic needs but also as a central component
of the academic process itself by facilitating in
various academic and professional courses including
PGDM, PGDM-International Business, MCA, BBA &
BCA. Computer Lab is equipped with latest possible
Computer Application Software.
Moreover students are provided the fully air-conditioned
Computer Centre with a state-of-the-art Facilities
to meet the requirements of liberalized economy. The
Computer Centre has one Server Room and Seven Labs
having capacity of more than 350 P-IV Smart
terminals to work as Standalone and also
on LAN environment, along with 6 Servers to
provide Networking and backup support.
The other saliencies include:
• Unlimited Internet access hub of 8
MBPS Broadband Connection.
• Wi-Fi Enable Campus(24X7)
• Configured and managed own Web Server.
• Network Environment through windows 2003 server
Enterprise Edition on a HP, HCl and IBM server &
UNIX Environment on HPux series 9000/735 Server providing
• Multiple Operating System facility like Windows
Vista, Windows XP with SP2, Windows 2000/2003 pro,Linux.
• Scanner HP-ScanJet 3300 C and HP-Scanjet 2400
C, HP - Scanjet G2410
• Multimedia computing facility.
• Microsoft Campus Agreement.
• Membership: A member of Oracle Academic initiative
programme of Oracle 9i(Complete suit) for 150 users
& A member of Microsoft Academic Alliance.
• Software including Compilers, RDBMS, Packages
and Application software.
• On-Line Uninterrupted Power Supply facility.
Likewise unique infrastructure, SMS is offering Wi-Fi
internet facility through 8 MBPS Broadband
connection( BSNL) and 4 MBPS RF Broadband connection(
Sify) simultaneously to all the stakeholders
in campus premises
All the above systems are Networked through windows
2003/windows 2000 Professional and unix using :
• 24-Port 10/100 MBPS Switch : D-Link
• 24-Port Modular Patch Panel : D-Link
• CAT - 6 Cable
• 42 U Floor Standing Rack : APW President
• 6 U Wall Mount Rack : APW President
• Duplex and Simplex Information Outlet : D-Link
• 24 PORT CISCO Managed Switch
• D-Link Access Point for Wifi