SMS Alumni Association is established to provide an active institutional framework for professional development, interaction, and networking for the holistic development of the alumni association of SMS, Varanasi. All those students who have successfully completed their Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programs at SMS, Varanasi, (including PGDM, MBA, MCA, MCOM, BBA, BCA, BCOM, BCOM(H) and BA(H) Mass Communication are eligible for membership in SMS Alumni Association. Most of the members of this association today work in different domestic and multinational companies in middle and top-level management. Even some have stepped into higher education and research works. With SMS alumni pursuing careers in the corporate world in various locations in Asia-Pacific, Australia, USA, Europe, and the Middle East, SMS Alumni Association now has a global presence.
SMS Alumni Association facilitates networking among alumni by organizing alumni reunions, batch meets and other related activities. It also assists alumni in lateral career movement and career development. SMS Alumni Association tries to create opportunities where alumni can interact with current SMS students.
SMS Alumni Association has developed two chapters. One at Mumbai and other at Delhi, taking care of the respective locale of the former students of SMS, with one distinct head office at Varanasi.
The broad objectives of SMS Alumni Association are:
- To promote the philosophy and values of SMS Alumni Association related to business education and practice, among academia and industry.
- To work with alma mater on continuing education programs for the benefit of SMS Students.
- To promote knowledge-sharing among SMS faculty, students and alumni.
- To cater to the networking needs of the SMS alumni by enabling frequent exchanges of views at meets and reunions.
- To seek academic contributions from the alumni for the publications of Management Journals and newsletters.
- To Constitute a Core Committee for the Different Chapters to impress upon the composition, constitution, and working of the members.
Convener: Mr. Amitabh Pandey
Coordinator: Mr. Rohit Mehta
Members: Mr. K. S. Mishra, Mr. S. S. Srivastava